Sunday 1 April 2012

WHISTLES AW12 PRESS DAY

On Thursday I had a sneak preview of the Whistles AW12 collection in the opulent surroundings of Claridges.

As I made my way round the rails photographing my favourite garments, I soon clocked Whistles' main inspiration for fall: texture. Fabrics had a pleasing stiffness and simple pieces like a track pant or a cigarette trouser had been transformed through the use of leathers, brocade and boucle. When so many high street shops are cutting costs and producing flimsy garments in cheap fabrics, in contrast the Whistles AW12 collection feels reassuringly luxurious and timeless.

Of course there are plenty of other trends running through the range too, Whistles love a good print and they have plenty to offer next season from delicate dots through to blurred and colourful graphic prints. The Olympian  look will continue long after the games themselves have finished with plenty of sporty pieces in the collection, my favourite being the butter-soft leather track pants that are so wrong yet 100% right.

For Whistles next season's colour palette begins with soft greys and mints, moving in to navy, rich forest green and metallics for the Christmas period. Punchy vermillion red accents contrast neutrals, and a stand-out piece in the collection is a knock-out full-length cocktail gown in the aforementioned colour.

Prints and a peter pan collar; two trends ticked in this dress

Soft mint and pinks look great in this statement dress

Sporty details like this drawstring waist detail appear frequently

A signature piece in the collection; butter-soft black leather track pants.

Forest green and navy are pared together in a stylish colour palette

Loved the sheer panelling and lace print on this dress


The vermillion evening gown; I could see Kate Winslet rocking this on the red carpet

A simple black pant is transformed with textured jacquard fabric

I am starting saving now for this forest green brocade party frock

Brocade takes centre stage for eveningwear

Delicate dots look great on silk pieces

Vermillion is an accent colour throughout the collection
Even simple leather totes got the texture treatment- loving the fur-finish!

So ladies, my advice is simple; start saving for fall now, you're not going to want to miss out on the Whistles AW12 collection.


3 comments:

  1. Omg in love with the look of this Whistles collection! Those leather trousers are so sports luxe,love them! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, especially the jacquard stuff - reminds me of an autumn/winter Prada or Miu Miu collection from some years ago.. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really cared about Whistles before but lately I've been obsessed! I love the look of all of these, especially the leather pieces...how amazing are those drawstring trousers? Just found your blog through Style Servings and I think it's great! Everything I look for in a blog and it's not often I say that haha xxx

    ReplyDelete